Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Plugging my nose and diving in

After following Krista Ds blog during her trip to China, I decided its time for me to give blogging a whirl. I'm not sure if I have enough going in my life to make my blog posts as interesting as Krista D, but...I am a writer, so I can embellish.

So to start a little about me and mine. My husband and I own an apple orchard in the high mountains, with a stable full of horses, and dazzling views out our country house....ooops, I'm embellishing. Now, we are suburbanites eaking out our existance by working our brains into mush. Bill is part owner, co-CEO of OrangeSprocket Communications. www.orangesprocket.com. I am a technical writer at Q1, network security company. We have three kids. Technically, "we" have two kids together as in two kids that share both our DNA. Bill has a daughter, who was two when I met her. Instant family! Kaboom! That was 13 years ago. I haven't been outside the house since (except to work my brain into mush in the office.) We also have a three-year-old black lab. Are we busy? Hell, yah. Are we happy? Mostly, yah. We get so caught up in school, gymnastics, dance, soccer, daycare, household duties, volunteer duties, work duties, that we often don't get to take a deep breath for sometime weeks on end. But when we do, we enjoy it. We have a great family and a great life.

Oh, my husband just told me that he's gotten our son (the youngest) into country music. Arrrghhh. Sigh. I give up. I'll have to dose Jackson with some Metallica to get his music priorities straightened out.

No comments: