Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 5 without Coke Zero

Coke Zero was my emotional crutch. My dear friend in a time of need. It calmed me down and set me straight when my busy life got me tied up in a bunch.

Today....I'm having just one of those type of days. Without Coke Zero, I only have my nails to bite and my hair to pull.

To start, the robot who is supposed to make my life easier is bugging the crap out of me. Its our Roombo, a vacuum cleaner robot. Twice, it followed me into the bathroom, with complete disregard for my privacy. Then, it decided it was lonely and took Sage's Dance-dance-revolution pad for a stroll through the house. Holding its hand...i mean power chord, the two bumbed around the living room until I caught them and separated them.

God, I crave a coke zero.

I did some work on the Run for the Cure memory tent today, but had to stop when I couldn't find my new scalloped-edged scissors. I looked and I looked and I looked. I even quoted my dad "Those scissors didn't just get up and walk away!".

God, I crave a coke zero.

I got pulled over by a cop at 10:30 this morning for speeding. My first time ever!!!! He was nice through. He said "where are going in such a hurry this morning?" I said meekly "home". He said "Does this happen to you often?". I said "This is a first. An absolute first.". I sat in my car, he sat in his, checking out my license and registration. I silently prayed that Bill didn't incur any unpaid parking tickets while driving my car. My report must have came back clean, because he let me off with a warning.

God, I crave a coke zero.

So, I have a poster half made, a crazed robot roaming the house looking for his lost-date, and a tarnished police record.

I really crave a coke zero, but I'm going to make it though.

No comments: