Thursday, October 9, 2008

Life unscripted

Turkey Day weekend coming up! Traditionally, I don't cook Turkey, since I don't eat Turkey. I usually roast a chicken. This year, I'm going to stop being so selfish and actually cook a turkey. I still have to find my elusive turkey. I have been trying to buy only local produce, so my plan was to buy a turkey at the market on Saturday. My friend, Christie, recalls that you have to reserve your market turkey. This might be getting far too complicated. I might call Pete's Meats tomorrow and see what the 'skinny' is on Turkey.

Its been a buy week, but things are winding down. The Run for the Cure was last weekend. It was first time working behind the scenes instead of participating on a team. It was fun!! I only had two regrets. One was that I wasn't running. I love running. :-) To compensate, I went ran the night before the event....and the night after....and the night after... yeah, I'm a bit crazy. My other regret was that I wasn't in Halifax. It was more nostalgia than regret. I really enjoyed spending the day with my new friends and old friends on the RFTC committee. I got to sit down and enjoy a hamburger with Karen. I saw Kathy Chisholme, with Imogen and Tess. I saw Bridgitte! I hugged lots of people! I had my two favorite girls with me: Sage and Mercedes. They were phenomenol. Mercedes and another volunteer decorated the Memory Tent and then worked as cheerers on the run course. Sage did sundry duties, including holding the finish line tape. It was a long day, arriving at the run site at 8:00 am and not getting home until 6 pm. Also, surviving on two coffees, one hamburger, and four of Beth's mother's pink chocolate ribbons. I was hungry!!!

After the run was done, my life immediately started to settle down. It was the busiest fall of my life!!

Sage almost started Judo this week, but we arrived late and in Martial Arts, that's a little frowned apon. Don't want to disrespect the Sensai. In future weeks, I promise not to make her late, which should be easy. The Judo lesson is at the school, so she just stays after school. She'll need the lessons to fend off the boys soon.

We have a great weekend planned with Mom and Dad coming to visit. It's also our weekend with Mercedes. Her other set of grandparents (lucky kid has four sets of grandparents) are visiting Fredericton too, so she'll divide her time between both houses. We have special plans for all the ladies of the house on Saturday afternoon.

Well, its 10:42 and I still have about 2 hours of overtime to put in...but not until after a bubble bath. :-)

No comments: