Monday, October 13, 2008

I have a Theme!

My good friend, Lainey B - otherwise known to me as Elaine, suggested that I come up with a theme for my blog. I thought that was a great idea. I thought about it for a few days, and came up with no good idea. My life seems too scattered. I'm 5% this and 5% that, totalling up to 115%. I do enjoy writing about the kids...somewhat. And I know some of you enjoy reading about the kids...somewhat. I can't make my blog all about the kids. My whole life seems, at times, to be about the kids. Why should I let them take over my blog topics too. So I will try to keep everything non-kid-related, but the occasional mention of a report card, dance recital, tooth extraction, or skinned knee may slip in. Forgive me. Always a mom.

Aside from blogging, what other activity of mine is interesting enough to blog. Gardening, heck no. I only plant shrubs and bulbs that can take care of themselves. Scrapbooking, heck no. I tried it and found I don't have the attention span. I just slather everything up with glue, paste on some pictures, scribble some silly drivol, and hope that I did better than a fifth grader.

So each night, while I am out running and daydreaming of running in another half-marathon, I think and think and think about my blog theme. Whenever I'm in Sportchek, repeatedly checking to see if they finally got in my new favorite trail runners, I wonder what I should pick for a blog theme. When I'm soaking in a bath of epsom salts with sore gams, I search my brain for a blog theme......

A light bulb.....

Training for the Fredericton Half Marathon!

Perfect.

Stay posted...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea, dude!