Friday, September 4, 2009

September Half-marathon

You must all think I fell off the edge of the planet, but I am still here and I'm still running. I joined the Running Room half-marathon clinic and have been training like a maniac since June. I've been running 5 times a week: 3 of them with the group and 2 on my own. I did 7 weeks of hill repeat training, culminating in a 9 hill repeat run (appr. 10 km in total) that damn near killed me on the last hill. But I felt great the next day. The half-marathon is September 27th and I am ready ready ready. Oh...I have one minor setback. I have a head cold from H.E.Double Hockey Sticks. (Hell). I'm misreable and conventional cold medication is making me feel worse instead of better. So I went to a naturopath today and got some "Deep Immunity" tincture. I have to kick this cold to curb and FAST. The tincture is based on Asparugula...or something equally giggle worthy.

Wish me a speedy recovery for a speedy race.

No comments: