Sunday, May 3, 2009

Taper week :-(

Taper week sucks. It's so hard to down-shift after such a gruelling weekly load of mileage, blood, sweat, and tears. I went for a 10 km today (my usual long run day) and it nearly broke my heart to turn around at the 5km mark. I could have gone for another 5 km before I'd long for home and big glass of chocolate milk. Anyhoo, I came home. As I was stretching on the front deck, Sage was putting Parker (our dog) out on the back deck. She slammed her finger in the patio doors. I heard her screaming. I ran inside and Bill already had her in the bathroom. She was in rough shape. Her finger is mangled. It broke the skin. She'll lose her fingernail. From the last knuckle down, her finger is a mangled mess. It took over an hour for the worst of the hurt to go away. She is feeling much better now. But what a crazy time!

No comments: