Thursday, January 8, 2009

January, starting to ramp up

My husband bought me some good running gear and accessories for my training effort. I got a new pair of 'go fasters", an iPod Nano, a Nike+iPod training system, and an Under Armour shirt. I already have a great MEC winter running suit, so I'm good for the winter now!

I started increasing my distance last sunday by going 11.5 km, while keeping my other runs the same (about 4 -6 km). I'll keep my Sunday runs at approx. 10 km until mid-Febuary and then start adding mileage. Race day is May 10th!! I did a half-marathon in 2:20, so my goal is 2:10 this year. Since its been so long (2003), I'll just be happy doing it and won't worry too much about my time.

Oh, and I lost the weight I gained and then some. I'm back to my pre-Jackson weight, which certainly helps with my speed. Less weight to carry on my 'go fasters". lol

No comments: